During your pregnancy in Thailand, your feet swell, your heels ache and walking becomes difficult. In such circumstances a pair of comfortable shoes can do wonders.You require the right kind of pregnancy footwear to not only give you comfort but also keep your baby safe. HappyMom.Life is here to tell you how to choose the best footwear keeping in mind many criteria. So make your pick now! Choose flat-soled footwear during pregnancy. If you do not want complete flats, you can choose heels, but which are low and wide.
Tips For Picking The Best Maternity Shoes
- Wide heels will help distribute your weight over your soles as well as prevent or reduce foot pain. Low heels will reduce your chances of falling or tripping.
- Make sure that the heel size is not more than two inches. The heel should not be pointy.
- In case you do not find the right kind of footwear to support the arch, you can choose inserts that can fit into to your regular footwear.
- Choose footwear that is breathable so that it will not trap any sweat. Canvas shoes are the best as they do not trap any moisture.
- If you are planning to buy flats, choose the ones that have a wider base and are not pinched at the toe area.
- Lofers are a great choice as they look stylish, are comfortable, and low-heeled. They do not hurt your feet even if you have to do some walking.
- Sandals make a great choice when you want to keep it casual, as they are flat and will also let your feet breathe easily.
- Sport shoes or sneakers will be perfect if you have to do a lot of walking during pregnancy.
Which Type Of Shoes Are Recommended
Irrespective of the trimester you are in, you can pamper your feet and reduce the discomfort with the footwear you love.
- Casual shoes are perfect to wear at home and outside. They offer a proper grip while walking around and are comfortable. Thanks to the variety in the category, you pick shoes to match your maternity outfit. Here are a few casual shoes you can choose from:
- If you are a working woman, you should choose work shoes as you would be spending more time on your feet. They will provide you the required support without torturing your feet .
- Pregnancy demands light exercises, and you could buy supportive athletic shoes. They will keep your feet, soles, ankles, and arches comfortable while you engage in moderate physical activities such as walking, light aerobics, etc.
- Boots can also be comfortable, especially in fall and winter seasons. Choose boots which have a proper heel support, and have a wider calf or a little stretch. The below are some best boots you can wear during pregnancy.
- Summer sandals can be more satisfying to wear than any other footwear, especially during summers. They are airy and do not trap moisture in your feet. They let them breathe easy. They also provide additional support against aches and pains when you walk. All of the below summer sandals will make your feet happy.
- Flats: As mentioned above, flats are an excellent choice as they won’t hurt you. They are easy to slip in and require no bending to tie unlike fancy shoe laces. In flats too, you can choose the ones which offer good ankle support.
- Sandals or flip-flops: These can be easily slipped in without bending. You can also wear them with socks during winter. Sandals or flip-flops can also be worn at home or indoors for comfort.
Photo Credit: pinterest
See more on HappyMom.Life
5 Language Courses For Toddlers In Bangkok, Thailand
5 Common Accidents During Pregnancy To Watch Out For
When The Pregnant Mother Feels Her Baby’s First Movements